The following problem may appear on a Windows 10 based computer. The "SrTasks.exe" causes the disk to figure at 100%. The "SrTasks.exe" (Microsoft System Protection Background Tasks) process, maybe a legitimate Windows process, and it used to begin the quantity Shadow Copy Service and also the Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider service. The "SrTasks.exe" process starts the related services needed to make restore points and normally shouldn't affect the system performance continuously, and particularly in systems where the "System Protection" is disabled. This tutorial contains instructions on how to solve the SrTasks.exe high disk usage problem on Windows 10.
1. Open command prompt as Administrator. to do that:
2. Press the Windows image + R keys to open the 'Run' command box
3. Type CMD then press CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER.
4. At command prompt give the following command to repair your disk and press Enter. chkdsk C: /F /R
5. Press the Y key to schedule the checking at the next restart.
6. Restart your computer.
7. Now, await the disk check process to complete. (it will take several hours).
8. When the check disk process is completed, check if the "SrTasks.exe High Disk Usage" has resolved.